How to Enable Blind Bidding
The blind bidding option allows buyers to limit the level of information available to suppliers during the open bid process. When the blind bidding option is set, the information presented to suppliers during the open bid process is limited to:
- Their Overall Rank, relative to other suppliers, in terms of having the lowest bid (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.).
- The amount of the lowest overall bid.
Supplier's will not be able to see the number of, or identities of , other bidders.
To set the Blind Bidding Option:
- Click Estimates in the Project Menu.
- Select Create Open Bid... from the Estimates drop-down menu.
- Select the spec(s) you'd like to include in your RFE.
- Click Continue.
- Enter basic information for your RFE.
Note that instead of an Estimate Due Date, the Open Bid RFE has a Bidding End date. This is the last day a supplier can quote the project.
- To enable the blind bidding option, check the Blind bidding checkbox.
- Enter at least one Quantity.
- You may choose to fill in the following optional fields:
- Initial bid: The maximum price you are willing to pay for this project. Suppliers will not be able to enter a price greater than the initial bid.
- Initial Unit Price: The initial bid, expressed in price per unit.
- Price decrement %: The minimum percentage difference in price a supplier must offer when they re-quote the project.
- Price decrement $: The minimum difference in amount a supplier must offer when they re-quote the project.