Client users can easily create a project with the following steps:
- Select a spec from the specs section. If the selected spec has templates associated with it, then a list of templates will be available for the user to choose from. The user can either select from the list of templates, which have pre-populated spec data or create a brand new spec by manually filling out the data.
- Fill out the corresponding tabs of the project – “Project Info”, “Spec Description” and “Files”.
- Project Info – This contains information about the overall project such as project name, due dates, departments. By default, the following four fields are always displayed for any projects – (1) Project Name; (2) Project Category; (3) Completion Date; and (4) Description. Any other additional fields can be configured and customized through the workspace settings on the service provider side.
- Spec Descriptions – Depending on the spec selected, different fields or tabs will appear, prompting the user to input any spec information.
- Files – User can upload files or artworks to the project and set sharing preferences.
- Add another spec to the project by clicking on the “Add Spec” button in the “Review and Submit” tab. This will take the user to the list of available specs again where he/she can create additional spec(s) to the project. At the same time, any unwanted specs can be deleted/removed in the “Review and Submit” tab. A project can be created without any spec in it.
- Create the project by clicking on the “Create Project” button in “Review and Submit” Tab. If the client is not ready to create the project, he/she can always save the project as draft by clicking on the “Save as Draft” button. Then he/she can come back, at a later time, to the draft project, edit any information and create the project.
It’s important to note that once a project is created, client users have limited capabilities to edit/change that project while the service provider (ie. account representative) can edit more aspects of the project on behalf of the client.