You can extend or curtail the estimating deadline on an Open Bid RFE for a particular project.
You can also set a workgroup preference that automatically extends the deadline on any Open Bid RFE by half an hour when an estimate arrives for that RFE within a certain amount of time before the deadline. This gives other suppliers who are estimating the project the opportunity to review the new estimate and offer a counterproposal.
For example, let's say your workgroup set this preference to automatically extend the deadline when an estimate arrives within 20 minutes of the deadline. Now, let's say an Open Bid RFE's deadline is 5 p.m. and you receive an estimate at 4:45 p.m. Noosh will automatically extend the deadline to 5:30 p.m.
To learn how suppliers find out about deadline changes, refer to How to Find Out When an Open Bid Deadline Has Changed.
To change the Open Bid deadline on a specific project:
- Navigate to the RFE.
- In the Open Bid Summary, enter a new date and time in Modify estimate due date.
- Click Modify date and notify suppliers.
To set an automatic deadline extension preference for your workgroup:
Note: This preference will apply to all projects created by your workgroup.
- Click the Admin tab, then click the My Group sub-tab.
- In the Third-party Options section, click Suppliers.
- In the Supplier Preferences section, click Edit Preferences.
- Enter a number in Extend open bid end time to the next half-hour increment if a supplier estimate is received within the last __ minutes.
- Click Update Preferences.