You may receive an RFE from a customer that, for any number of reasons, you don't want to respond to. You can inform the customer you don't want to respond to the RFE by declining the RFE. You'll have the opportunity to tell the buyer why you are rejecting the RFE.
To decline an RFE:
- Display the Estimate page for the RFE you'd like to decline.
- Click Create Estimate for RFE in the Task by Project section of the My Desk Summary page.
- Click Create Estimate for RFE in the Projects to Estimate section of the My Desk Summary page.
- Click Projects, then select the appropriate project from the Projects list to display the Project Home page. Click Estimates in the Project Menu and select List from the Estimates drop-down menu. Select the required estimate.
- Click Decline RFE...
- You may enter a reason for declining the RFE, then click Decline RFE.
Note: If you enter a reason for declining the estimate, a link will appear on the buyers RFE Details page that allows the buyer to view the reason given.
- Once you create and send an estimate to a buyer, you can now retract the estimate at a later date if you wish.
Note #2: You cannot revert your actions once declined. You would need to request a new estimate from your buyer/vendor etc.
To retract an estimate:
- Click Estimates in the Project Menu.
- Select List from the Estimates drop-down menu.
- The RFEs and Estimates page appears.
- Click the RFE title of the RFE you want to retract.
- The RFE Details page appears.
- Click Retract Estimate.
- A dialog box appears asking if you are sure you want to retract the estimate.
- Click OK.
- The estimate is retracted and the status of the estimate changes to "Retracted" on the RFE Details page.
If you wish to undo the retraction status of the estimate, please visit the following article: