An RFQ contains the details of the project that you want your outsourcer to find a supplier for. Either you or your outsourcer must have created a project and generated a spec before you can create an RFQ. For information on creating a project, refer to How to Create a Project and for information on generating a spec, refer to How to Create a Spec.
To create an RFQ:
- Navigate to the Project Home page.
- Click Quotes in the Project Menu.
- Select Create... from the Quotes drop-down menu.
- Check the spec, or specs, that you require for this quote.
- Click Continue. This produces the Create RFQ page.
- Enter the quote details in the fields provided. You must specify a Quote Due Date and a Proposed Order Completion Date. You must also specify at least one quantity for the requested item in theQuantity 1 field.
- Enter any other relevant details in the Description and Comments fields.
- Click Send RFQ.
The quote is sent to the outsourcer you specified when you created the project.