Service providers and clients can now create an order based on rate card pricing without going through the quoting process. This will significantly reduce the ordering process time on frequently ordered items. Once a rate card is created, both the service providers and the clients can create the project as well as the order in one single click. In addition, while creating the project and the specs, fields that have rate card associations will be clearly indicated, providing users with information as to how to best configure the spec to obtain the best prices.
Creation and Management of Rate Cards
Service provider Admin can create and manage rate cards through Admin->Account Settings->Rate Cards. Only one active rate card can exist for a particular combination of smart form and client . Users will not be allowed to create a second active rate card involving the same smart form and client. To create a brand new rate card, users need to specify the following information:
- Name of Rate Card – Duplicate names are acceptable as long as the remaining fields are different.
- Smart Form – This will be a dropdown of all the available smart forms that are currently registered to the service provider. The service provider needs to select one smart form for each rate card.
- Client – The name of the client workspace that the rate card is created for and will be use by. Multiple clients workspaces can be selected per one rate card.
- First variable – For now, this is always designated to be the “Quantity” field.
- Second variable – Admins can choose which other variable, out of the available fields of the selected smart form, the rate card is based on. The current available choices of second variable include any number, decimal, dropdown and radio button fields.
- Rate card pricing table – Once the user has selected a second variable, all pre-defined choices from the smart form for that field will be pre-populated as row values. User can then define unit pricing for each of these row choices. To define quantity, user can specify a range of quantity that the specified unit price will applied to. By inputting a single quantity for each row, Noosh will automatically create a range between the previous entered quantity and the current quantity. A cell can be left blank (ie. without pricing), denoting no available pricing for that quantity.
Active/inactive Status: Users can inactivate an existing rate card which means that the rate card will not be taken into consideration. Only active rate cards can be used in creating orders.
Once a rate card has been saved, it will be listed together with other available rate cards. Users can expand each rate card to view details as well as to edit any fields or collapse each row for an overview of all the rate cards that are created.
Usage of Rate Cards to Create Orders by a Client
A client can create an order based on rate card pricing either at time of project creation or after a project has already been created. To initiate a project, a client chooses a spec based on his/her needs. While filling out the information of the spec, there will be indication beside the fields that denotes rate card values. In this simple 2-D rate card, the first variable will always be quantity while the second variable can be any dropdown, radio button, check boxes or numbers fields within the spec.
Once the client has filled in all the details of the project, at the bottom of the “Review and Submit” page, the pricing section appears, displaying all available prices for each of the specs created within the project. The client can choose which quantity, out of all the quantities that he/she had entered, will be ordered. Pricing are available for those specs that match quantity and second variable of any existing rate card. In some circumstances, a rate card pricing might not be available for the selected quantity. In this case, “N/A” will be denotes. If none of the specs have rate card associated with them, then the pricing section will not be visible.
When the project is ready to be created, the client can either create the project and award the order(s) to the service provider based on the chosen quantity and associated unit price in the pricing section (“Create Project & Award Orders”) or create the project first and then create the order(s) at a later time (“Create Project”). The “Create Project & Award Orders” button will not appear if the quantity selected has N/A unit price or if no rate cards are available for the chosen spec(s).
If the client chooses to click the “Create Project & Award Orders” button, the Award Order pop-up will appear, with prepopulated fields such as “Order Name”, “Completion Date”, “Quantity” and “Unit Price”. The client can edit all fields within the order except the “Quantity” and “Unit Price” fields since these are pre-determined and are linked to rate cards.
If the client chooses to create the project first without awarding the order, he/she can always go back to the project and create order(s) for items that have rate card associated with them. If there are available spec(s) – specs that have not been quoted or ordered – and rate card pricing are available, the “Create Order” button will appear, allowing the client to create order(s). Within a project, spec(s) can be ordered through the quote process or through direct order. Each spec can only be involved in one procurement process (quote or direct order), not both.
When clicking on the “Create Order” button, the award order pop-up will appear, listing all available spec(s) that can be ordered. The client can select which spec(s) to be included in the order as well as shipping costs and taxes.
Usage of Rate Cards to Create Orders by a Service Provider
Similar to its client, service provider can create order based on rate card pricing at the time of project creation or after the project has been created. He/she can even create an order on behalf of the client for spec(s) that have associated rate card(s). In order to create a project and award order in one single click, the service provider needs to specify a client user, otherwise, the “Create Project and Award Orders” button will not appear.
The “Create Sell Order” button allows the service provider to create order(s) based on available spec(s) that have rate card pricing. This button is different than the “Create Order” button which creates a procurement order between the service provider and its supplier. Any order that has been created through rate card pricing will be denoted as a rate card order. Any spec that has rate card associated with it can be ordered or quoted. If a spec has been quoted, it cannot be ordered at the same time, even if it has rate card pricing. The user needs to retract that quote and then the specs can be available to be ordered through rate card pricing.