Create specs to describe specific components of a project. Specs are needed to request estimates and place orders. All specs reside in projects.
To create a spec:
- Navigate to the Project Home page.
- Click Specs in the Project Menu and select Create... from the Specs drop-down menu.
- Choose the type of spec you'd like to create, then click Continue.
- You may also choose a template (if available) below the spec type you'd like to create. Spec templates are created by workgroup managers and are available on the Spec Creation page below the spec type. To find out more, see How to Create a Spec Template.
- Fill in the required fields that appear in red.
- Complete any other desired information.
- Click Update Spec to save your spec.
Note: If you've created a new spec based on a spec template, you may not be able to edit the spec if the workgroup manager has created a locked spec template.