You can use the Close Order option to complete an order by marking the order as complete as long as no changes are applied to the order. This option works in conjunction with the "Automatically Accept Final Invoices when an Order is Completed" option on the Invoicing page.
To use the Close Order option:
- Click Orders in the Project Menu.
- Click List in the Orders drop-down menu.
The Orders page appears.
- Click the ID of the order you would like to close.
The Order Details page appears.
- Click Close Order....
The Closing Order Confirmation page appears.
- Click Yes.
A warning dialog appears.
- Click OK.
The order is closed and you are returned to the Orders page where the status of the order is now "Closed".
Notes on the Close Order Option
When working with the Close Order option, it is important to remember:
- If invoicing is not enabled and a buyer initiates the closing order with no changes or discount/surcharges, then the order is closed without negotiation.
- If invoicing is not enabled and a supplier initiates the closing order with no changes or discount/surcharges, then the closing change order will go through the negotiation process.
- If invoicing is enabled, and if a buyer or supplier initiates the closing order with no changes or discounts/surcharges then the closing change order will go through the negotiation process. The final invoice will be created with a "Draft" status. At this point only the supplier has access to the invoice and they can only update "non-negotiable" items. When the invoice is ready, the supplier can send it.
- At the closing order stage:
- If there is a pending invoice, the pending invoice will be retracted before the final invoice is created.
- If there is a draft invoice, the draft invoice will be deleted before the final invoice is created.