Both the buyer and supplier can create a change order. A change order alerts the other party (buyer or supplier) that there are changes within the order. If the buyer initiates a change order, the supplier can approve the change order as is, or assign new costs. If the supplier assigns new costs, the buyer needs to approve the cost change. If the supplier initiates the change order, the buyer needs to approve the change order.
To create a change order:
- Display the Order page for the order you'd like to change.
- Click the order's Id.
- Review the order, then scroll down and click Create Change Order.
- Enter a Change Order Name.
- Select the spec(s) to which you want to make changes. If the order only has a single spec, it gets selected by default.
- To edit a spec, click the Edit icon next to the spec you'd like to edit, enter any spec changes, and then click Save and Return.
- Enter a cost differential in the Change Cost column.
- Click Preview Change Order.
- Review the change order, then click Confirm Change Order Creation.