Both the buyer and supplier can create a change order. A change order alerts the other party (buyer or supplier) that there are changes within the order.
If the buyer initiates a change order, the supplier can approve the change order as is, or assign new costs. If new costs are assigned by the supplier, the buyer needs to approve the cost change.
If the supplier initiates the change order, the buyer needs to approve the change order.
Change orders can only be created for orders which are in "Accepted" status.
To create a change order:
- Navigate to the Project Home page, then click Orders in the Project Menu.
- Click the order ID for the order you'd like to change.
- Review the order, then scroll down and click Create Change Order.
- Enter a Change Order Name if required.
- Select the spec(s) for which you want to make changes. If the order only has a single spec, it is selected by default.
- Enter your changes and click Preview Change Order.
Note: The price breakouts only appear if a price breakout has been created for the selected spec. For more information on price breakouts, refer to How to Create a Price Breakout.
- Review the change order, then click Confirm Change Order.